Tawarruq Term Deposit-i
Our company accepts monies placed in fixed deposits from the governments, statutory bodies, corporations, associations, co-operatives, societies, other body-corporates as well as private individuals.
We offer attractive profit rates to our tawarruq term depositors.
- Competitive Profit Rates
- Flexible tenures
- Minimum RM500 Deposit to open account
- No commodity brokerage fees
Our rates shown below are effective from 1st June, 2023.
Rate (% p.a.)
Rate (% p.a.)
|1 month||2.65||1 month||2.40|
|2 months||2.65||2 months||2.40|
|3 months||2.70||3 months||2.45|
|4 months||2.70||4 months||2.45|
|5 months||2.70||5 months||2.45|
|6 months||2.75||6 months||2.50|
|7 months||2.75||7 months||2.50|
|8 months||2.75||8 months||2.50|
|9 months||2.80||9 months||2.55|
|10 months||2.80||10 months||2.55|
|11 months||2.80||11 months||2.55|
|12 months||2.85||12 months||2.60|
|>12 months||Negotiable||>12 months||Negotiable|
* Deposits for Tenure other than as listed may be accepted subject to confirmation from our Company’s Management
* A trust account for individual below 18 years
(1) Tier 1 is applicable to deposits from individual member of the public and staff only.
(2) Tier 2 is applicable to deposits from shareholders, financial institutions, corporations, political parties, associations, clubs, societies, religious organizations, schools and all other depositors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, subject to any currency and other restriction imposed by the Government from time to time. Tawarruq Term Deposits profits shall, however, be subjected to withholding tax.
Depositors shall be required to complete signature specimen card and certain other documents available at our offices and place an initial deposit of at least RM500 (RM5,000 for 1 month deposit). Depositors other than individuals shall need to provide proof of authority for deposit placement, e.g. board resolution for company.
For deposits with tenure below 12 months, profits are paid upon maturity. For deposits above 12 months, profits are paid half yearly.
Yes, senior citizens who are aged 55 and above at the time of placement of the tawarruq term deposit will be given 0.25% above the board rate for the appropriate tenure.
No, due to recent changes in banking industry practices, we would only accept the cheque if the cheque is issued to Borneo Housing Mortgage Finance Bhd. (Applicable to Kuching Branch only).